Friday, December 05, 2008

Project Smokingroom
At my work
in the Happy House department
there's a smoking room
and I had the honour some time ago
of fixing it.
&
I dont like the mentality
of throwing out stuff
if it still works!
&
It always cribles in my fingers
if I see something thats broken but fixable.
&
In the these days of the century,
people often discarge stuff
just to get a new or a better looking one.
&
I think this goes even beyond the material world
into our own personal ways of living,
like if a relationship for a second does'nt work,
we just back out and find a new one,
instead of trying to fix what's once where beautiful!
Just some thoughts...

Well...
This smoking room is normally the residence of rather unstable smokers,
so there where a lot of smoking holes on the wood tables
and in the fabric texstil on the chairs...
But I still think the texstil was strong and ok to use and it was also non flamable, so I got the idea of sewing a flower on every hole with knitting wool, also that way it's posible to fix newcoming holes right away....
I added some prints inside of the chairs to hide some stain marks and also to brighten up the whole look...
On the tables I used the same prints, some tekstil in similar colours
and some dry art leaves....
It's all glued on with PVA and afterwards I used a nontoxic varnish
I ordered a glassplate to add on the top of the table to avoid new smoking marks...
At last I made some nonflamable curtains in similar colours, and I made some
1.2.3 paintings that's not worth of showing :)
and the Lunatics had a new smoking room!

No comments: